Friday, April 10, 2015

My Pet Was Killed From A Negligent Vetrinarian...

                 A Warning For Pet Owners...

 2 days ago my sweet  Cat Boots died unexpectedly. He suffered for 8 long days after receiving a 

steroid shot of DEPOMEDROL. I took him to a Veterinarian because I believed he had hairballs. The 

Vet suggested this shot and I foolishly agreed. This was the worst mistake I have ever made in my 

life . I trusted this Veterinarian medical knowledge and insight and little did I know I was giving my 

baby a death sentence. My Boots was active, curious, playful, happy & chubby  

 
 and it all disappeared  

within 1 hour of him receiving that POISON CALLED DEPOMEDRAL. I didn't give it a second 

thought when the Vet recommended we give this to our cat. He said it would benefit our Boots for 8 

weeks and we would start to see results in 48 hrs.

 

Well it only took 1 hr for the results to start showing...

By the time we got him home he was very sick. He was panting and drooling.. Could barely 

walk.Would not eat or drink and was urinating on himself. This went on all night. We took him back 

and they shaved his beautiful fur off on both sides of his chest area,drained fluid from his lungs and 

told us it was possible that he may have cancer.NOT EVEN 24 HRS HAD PASSED AND MY BABY 

WENT FROM ALIVE AND WELL TO POSSIBLY HAVING CANCER??? At this point we are 

starting to realize that we are dealing with malpractice at the very minimum. A few days 

passed,Boots slowly getting worse. Losing weight,losing his balance. Refusing food and water and 

hiding when he was able walk. 5 days later we rushed Boots to another Veterinarian. They took him 

back and put us in a room.  10 minutes later the kind Vet came in and told us that our baby had died. 

WORDS CANNOT BEGIN TO DESCRIBE THE GRIEF MY HUSBAND AND I ARE GOING 

THROUGH. Boots has been apart of our family for 13 yrs,since he was a kitten. His sweet disposition 

and loving nature haunt us as we try to make sense of his horrible death. It took a total of 8 days for 

the poison DEPOMEDRAL that negligent Veterinarian gave him to end his life. And devastate our 

family. We want everyone who has a dog, cat or any animal that they love and consider part of their 

family to choose their Veterinarian very carefully. Read the reviews about their clinic.Google the 

name of any medicine that is prescribed BEFORE YOU ALLOW IT TO BE GIVEN TO YOUR PET!!!  

Educate yourself as to what side effects or allergic reactions  have been reported AND ANY DEATHS 

IN CONNECTION WITH THE MEDICATION. Get a second opinion if your pet is diagnosed with an 

illness and most importantly-never take another day with them for granted.  

You will never 

understand how precious they really are until they are ripped from your life because of some 

careless Veterinarian prescribed them poison. I don't know how we will manage from here. The 

sadness is unbearable. I never thought I could cry so much. Our only hope is that anyone who reads 

this will think twice and protect their furry family member... If anyone has experienced anything 

similar,please share it with us, it would mean so much and Thank you for taking the time to read 

this... 

   WE LOVE YOU BOOTSIE AND WE ARE SO VERY SORRY OUR SWEET LITTLE BOY... 

No comments:

Post a Comment